jueves, 25 de abril de 2013

Last day..


Hey all of you! I want to sound excited, but in fact I´m not. Today was my last day with this incredible group of people. I can´t believe my journey here is coming to an end. During this volunteering experience we´ve achieved our goal which was to improve the children´s English. However, while the principal aim of the project was to teach the kids another language besides theirs, we also helped the community in terms of economy, administration, infrastructure, etc. We built a school and a playground area for the kids to play. We also installed a library with books in English, Portuguese and gave them the tools to write their own books in their own language. Nevertheless, they taught me a plethora of things such as appreciating the nature, understanding how important family and team work is and that in most of the cases material stuff are valueless. I will carry them in my heart for the rest of my life hoping to be able to come back someday. This has been definitely the best experience I´ve ever had and I totally recommend it to all of you lovely readers! I will be starting a new project when I arrive to Chicago. This will be based on raising money to build schools in the Amazonian jungle. I look forward to hearing from you soon and expect you to contact me by mail (already posted) or simply by commenting below. Thank you so much for being part of this amazing adventure! Best wishes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario